FHHS and the Weldon Spring Ordnance Works
FHHS and the Weldon Spring Ordnance Works
24 May 2018
The first comprehensive four-year Francis Howell High School was built on “Howell Prairie” and opened in 1915. In 1940, the U.S. Government seized 18,000 acres in southeastern St. Charles County (including the high school site) and forcibly relocated more than 500 residents. The United States War Department used the 30 square mile location to build the Atlas Powder Company, an ordnance works that would manufacture TNT for the war effort.
Read More About FHHS and the Weldon Spring Ordnance Works
Every Student Will Graduate with College and Career Readiness Skills
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.